About the “Citizens’ Commission on Nuclear Energy (CCNE)”
To organize a platform having think-tank function of collecting, analyzing and dis-seminating information, as well as making policy recommendations necessary to construct a society free of nuclear energy.
To create a place enabling people with a wide range of opinions to discuss how to construct a society free of nuclear energy.
To create a forum for a wide range of discussions in order to construct a society free of nuclear energy
To make policy recommendations
To elaborate a “Framework for Nuclear Energy Phaseout Policy”
4. Names of sections and the respective subjects they address
Name of sections
(1) Section on the Fukushima Nuclear Accident and Assistance
to Victims (Section on Fukushima Accident)
(2) Section on Nuclear Waste
(3) Section on the Process for a Nuclear Energy Phaseout
(4) Section on Nuclear Regulation
Subjects addressed by sections
(1) What measures are required to rehabilitate the disaster area and
to support the victims of the TEPCO Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant accident?
(2) How should the spent nuclear fuel and nuclear wastes be managed?
(3) What concrete process should be followed in order to construct a society free of
(4) Premised on a phase out of nuclear energy, what nuclear regulation is required?
5. Activity schedule (subject to change)
April 15, 2013 : Inauguration
September 2013 : Announcement of draft outline of the “Framework for Nuclear Energy
March 2014 : Publication of the first “Framework for Nuclear Energy Phaseout Policy” (to be
updated every year)
At any time of the year, occasional policy recommendations, workshop events, and other
activities will be undertaken as needed.
(The Commission will meet about once a month, while the sections are to be held
at any time as necessary.)
Citizens’ Commission on Nuclear Energy
c/o The Takagi Fund for Citizen Science
3F Arai bld. 4-15 Yotsuya-Honshio-cho Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN 160-0003